Thank you for your interest in the PMDMC 2021, public media’s largest conference devoted to issues surrounding revenue generation, marketing, and management.
The PMDMC is the one time each year when more than 1,000 public media leaders and revenue-generating professionals from organizations of all sizes join together to dream big, stay energized, and build a more sustainable future for public media.
This year, the PMDMC will be held virtually, but that won’t stop us from incorporating your big ideas. Because our industry has faced a myriad of new challenges due to COVID-19, we are looking for fully designed session proposals as well as ideas that you want to understand better. What brand new challenge is keeping you up at night? What new success have you tapped into? You can submit an idea, a proposal, or both. Check out an example of a fully designed session proposal here.
Consider these key elements to help your proposal rise to the top:
- Amplify multiple voices, especially Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color. Representation from both leaders and staffers is encouraged.
- Highlight your station’s identity. PMDMC seeks to represent a variety of station sizes, types, formats, and markets.
- Outline concrete learning goals and takeaways, plus a vision for engaging attendees in the virtual setting.
- Show consideration of how we work now during the pandemic and how we might prepare for a post-pandemic landscape.
- Last but not least, aim to inspire, show creativity, and bring a smile to the audience’s faces. We could all use it!
The deadline to submit session proposals closes on March 18, 2021.