Thank you for your interest in the PMDMC 2021, public media’s largest conference devoted to issues surrounding revenue generation, marketing, and management.
The PMDMC is the one time each year when more than 1,000 public media leaders and revenue-generating professionals from organizations of all sizes join together to dream big, stay energized, and build a more sustainable future for public media.
This year, the PMDMC will be held virtually, but that won’t stop us from incorporating your big ideas. Because our industry has faced a myriad of new challenges due to COVID-19, we are looking for fully designed session proposals as well as ideas that you want to understand better. What brand new challenge is keeping you up at night? What new success have you tapped into? You can submit an idea, a proposal, or both. Check out an example of a fully designed session proposal here.
Consider these key elements to help your proposal rise to the top:
- Amplify multiple voices, especially Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color. Representation from both leaders and staffers is encouraged.
- Highlight your station’s identity. PMDMC seeks to represent a variety of station sizes, types, formats, and markets.
- Outline concrete learning goals and takeaways, plus a vision for engaging attendees in the virtual setting.
- Show consideration of how we work now during the pandemic and how we might prepare for a post-pandemic landscape.
- Last but not least, aim to inspire, show creativity, and bring a smile to the audience’s faces. We could all use it!
The deadline to submit session proposals closes on March 18, 2021.
Attention business partners or vendors: Your proposal should feature a variety of perspectives, including that of a station or other client(s). Avoid promoting and/or selling your product directly. Attendees tell us they don’t want pitches. Instead, they want thorough information about the application of a tool or service along with user case studies so they can make up their own minds.
The Public Media Development and Marketing Conference content is curated by a team of Greater Public advisors and staff. This process begins with the public call for proposals, happening February 24 – March 18, 2021 for PMDMC21. Anyone can submit a session proposal or idea, which is sent to the PMDMC content team shortly after the deadline.
Once the content team receives the session proposals and ideas, they evaluate and rate every submission with the other advisors and staff in their learning area. The content team then selects proposals and ideas to develop based on the criteria outlined for this year’s conference:
- Inclusion of multiple voices, especially Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color, as well as representation from both leaders and staffers.
- Representation from a variety of station sizes, types, formats, and markets.
- Concrete learning goals and takeaways, plus a vision for engaging attendees in the virtual setting.
- Consideration of how we work now during the pandemic and how we might prepare for a post-pandemic landscape.
- Aim to inspire, show creativity, and bring a smile to the audience’s faces.
Typically, the content team receives approximately 100 session proposals and ideas! PMDMC21 will feature around 25 sessions, so unfortunately, we cannot provide a slot to every submitter. However, our content team works hard to group together session proposals and ideas that have a common theme, bringing more voices to one session.
Business partners or vendors are invited to submit proposals or ideas but should remember to focus their session around station attendees. Avoid promoting and/or selling your product directly. Attendees consistently tell us they don’t want pitches. Instead, provide thorough information about the application of a tool or service along with user case studies.
Those who submit designed proposals for PMDMC21 will be contacted no later than May 21. The full conference schedule will be announced on June 1, 2021.
The deadline to submit session proposals and ideas closed on March 18, 2021.