Thank you for your interest in the PMDMC 2020, public media’s largest conference devoted to issues surrounding revenue generation, marketing, and management.
The PMDMC is the one time each year when more than 1,000 public media leaders and revenue-generating professionals from organizations of all sizes join together to dream big, stay energized, and build a more sustainable future for public media.
The biggest priority for our attendees is to experience a premium learning and networking event. That’s why we’re looking for the most innovative session ideas that are interactive (think: fewer panels presenting to a passive audience). We’d like your session proposal to explain how you will engage session participants more deeply, help attendees solve problems, and provide tangible ideas and solutions that your colleagues can implement once they return to work on Monday. Check out an example session to see what we mean.
Please make sure your idea fits within one or more of the following themes:
- Grow and diversify station revenue.
- Connect in more meaningful ways with existing audiences and challenge ourselves to meet new audiences in our communities.
- Create common goals and a shared vision across departments to better meet our mission.
Closer consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Seek to disrupt traditional development and marketing efforts. Be aspirational and innovative.
- Embrace emergent ideas, successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- Harness a fresh or outside perspective, connecting it to public media’s most urgent business priorities and opportunities.
Attention business partners or vendors: Your proposal should feature a variety of perspectives, including that of a station or other client(s). Avoid promoting and/or selling your product directly. Attendees tell us they don’t want pitches. Instead, they want thorough information about the application of a tool or service along with user case studies so they can make up their own minds.
The deadline to submit session proposals closed on February 7, 2020.